The website may be displayed incorrectly in this browser. You are recommended to install a more advanced browser.Chrome Safari Firefox Opera Explorer
750 g of pumpkin
1 tsp of dried rosemary
1 tsp of dried thyme
4 tbsp of olive oil
1 medium onion
260 g of packaged Makfa pearl barley
1 liter of vegetable broth
freshly ground black pepper
50 g of feta cheese
2 tbsp of fried cedar nuts
time 1 hour 10 minutes
ingredient Pearl barley
Additional properties For kids
1. Peel the pumpkin, remove the fibers and the seeds, cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
2. Heat the oven to 180 °С. Place a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet, place the pumpkin on top, sprinkle with herbs and pepper, two tablespoons of olive oil and mix well. Distribute the pumpkin evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until soft. Remove from the oven and cool a little.
3. Peel and chop the onion finely Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the pearl barley and mix. Add the broth, bring to a boil and let simmer for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the broth is absorbed and the pearl barley is ready.
4. Place the pumpkin in the food processor and puree it. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and mix again.
5. When the millet is ready, add the pumpkin puree and let cook on low heat for 3-4 more minutes.
6. Serve the orsotto with crumbled feta cheese and roasted cedar nuts.
Your message has been sent!
Share your favorite recipe from MAKFA products and we will publish it