The website may be displayed incorrectly in this browser. You are recommended to install a more advanced browser.Chrome Safari Firefox Opera Explorer
1 small salmon
1 small cod
2 bags of Makfa pearl barley in cooking bags
2 tbsp of vegetable oil
2 bay leaves
spices to taste
black pepper corns
time 2 hours
ingredient Pearl barley
Additional properties For kids
1. Clean the salmon and the cod, remove the insides, and place the fish in a saucepan with cold water. Add salt. Add 1 peeled onion and 1 peeled carrot. Bring the water to a boil on high heat, then reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes, removing the foam occasionally.
2. Pour water into the saucepan, bring to a boil. Shake the packets with pearl barley, and lower them gently into the boiling water. Reduce heat and cook for 25-30 minutes until half ready. Let cool and remove the pearl barley from the packets.
3. While the broth is cooking, peel the potatoes and the remaining onion (keep the onion peels) and carrots. Chop the onions finely, cube the potatoes and cut the carrots in semi-circles.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in the pan on high heat, and stir fry the onions and carrots for 5 minutes until golden. Place on a plate, set aside.
5. Remove the fish from the broth, cut off the head, the bones, the cartilages and the fins, wrap them in gauze and cook for 10 more minutes. Add the onion peels (optional) to make the broth more transparent. Discard the gauze, strain the broth and return the fish into the broth.
6. After the broth becomes rich and even slightly thickened, add the potatoes, and the pearl barley and cook for 15-20 more minutes. Add the sautéed carrots and onions, bay leaves, black pepper corns and spices to taste. If necessary, add some salt. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for 10-15 more minutes.
7. Turn off the heat, and let the soup stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Your message has been sent!
Share your favorite recipe from MAKFA products and we will publish it