The website may be displayed incorrectly in this browser. You are recommended to install a more advanced browser.Chrome Safari Firefox Opera Explorer
1 large onion
1 celery stalk
2 medium carrots
2 tbsp of olive oil
200 g of packaged Makfa pearl barley
2-2.5 liters of water
2 sprigs of basil
1/2 tsp of dried oregano
2 bay leaves
2 medium zucchinis
1/3 head of cauliflower
2 medium ripe tomatoes
a bunch of fresh parsley
30 g of ground Parmesan for service
time 1.5 hours (+ time for the soup to rest)
ingredient Pearl barley
Additional properties For kids
1. Peel the onion and chop it together with the celery stalk. Peel and coarsely grate the carrots.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the vegetables for 7-10 minutes until golden.
3. Wash the pearl barley thoroughly and add it to the saucepan. Cook for 2 minutes, then add water and salt.
4. Bring the water to a boil and add finely chopped basil, oregano and bay leaf, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, wash, peel and cube the potatoes and the zucchini. Separate the cauliflower into curds. Place tomatoes for 1 minute into boiling water, remove skin and cube.
6. When the pearl barley will be almost ready, add the potatoes, the zucchini and the tomatoes to the saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, then add the cauliflower. Cook for 10 more minutes. Add more salt if necessary, add pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
7. Remove the soup from heat, cover up tightly and let stand for 2-3 hours, or, better, overnight. Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve.
Your message has been sent!
Share your favorite recipe from MAKFA products and we will publish it