The website may be displayed incorrectly in this browser. You are recommended to install a more advanced browser.Chrome Safari Firefox Opera Explorer
For the dough:
milk – 150 ml;
sugar – 50 grams;
salt – 1/4 teaspoon;
1 egg white;
butter – 100 grams;
“Makfa” superior grade wheat flour – 280 grams + 2 tablespoons;
yeast – 5 grams;
espresso coffee for smearing – 50 ml;
sugar powder for decoration – 10 grams.
For the filling:
walnuts – 280 grams;
sugar – 100 grams;
cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons;
milk – 60 ml;
butter – 50 grams;
1 egg yolk.
time 1 hour 50 minutes + 1 hour 15 minutes for the dough and the swirl to rest
ingredient Wheat flour
Additional properties For kids
1. Warm up the milk in a stewpot, add sugar, salt and continue warming until dissolved, then leave for cooling. Add whipped eggs and white, and 60 grams of melted butter.
2. Sieve the flour and mix it with the yeast. Add the flour to the liquid mixture, stir well. Cover the bowl with kitchen wrap and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
3. Mix minced walnuts, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl.
4. For filling, heat milk with butter in a stewpot to a boiling point, pour the mixture over nuts. Add yolk and stir.
5. Put the dough on a surface sprinkled with flour, roll into a 5 mm thick sheet, than pull it by hands.
6. Grease the dough surface with melted butter (20 grams), spread the filling over it, leaving a bit of space on the edges. Roll the dough into a long swirl.
7. Put the swirl into a rectangular baking dish greased with leftover butter. First, lay the swirl along the rims, then roll it into a spiral towards the center. Smear the swirl with strong coffee and let it rest for 15 minutes.
8. Heat the oven to 180°C and bake the pie for 15 minutes, then decrease temperature to 150°C and cook for another 45 minutes.
9. Sprinkle povititsa with powdered sugar and let it cool. Cut the swirl into servings and serve.
Your message has been sent!
Share your favorite recipe from MAKFA products and we will publish it