The website may be displayed incorrectly in this browser. You are recommended to install a more advanced browser.Chrome Safari Firefox Opera Explorer
85 g of Makfa wheat flour
1,5 tsp of baking powder
50 of coconut shavings
60 g of cane sugar
135 g of Makfa semolina
1.5 tbsp of almond flour
150 ml of olive oil
180 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
6 tbsp of apple puree
120 g of orange marmalade
zest of 1 orange
40 g of pistachios or almonds for decoration
for the syrup:
360 ml of orange juice
100 g of cane sugar
time 1 hour 5 minutes
Additional properties For kids
1. Bolt 70 g of flour with baking powder into a bowl, add the coconut shavings, the sugar, the semolina and the almond flour, mix.
2. In another bowl whisk the eggs into the thick pale mixture. While whisking, add 135 ml of olive oil, the orange juice, the apple puree, the thinly diced marmalade and ground orange zest. Stir until the marmalade dissolves fully.
3. Add dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until uniform. The mixture must be fairly thin. If it should be too thin, add the remaining flour.
4. Baste 12 muffin forms with the remaining olive oil and pour equal amounts of the mixture into each of the forms. Heat the oven to 190 °C and bake the cakes for 25 minutes until golden. Test if the muffins are ready by sticking a toothpick inside: it must remain clean and dry.
5. Meanwhile mix the ingredients for the syrup in the stewpot and bring to a boil on low heat.
6. As soon as you get the muffins out of the oven, pour them over with the syrup several times, letting each portion absorb.
7. Place the remaining syrup on the stove, bring to a boil and cook on low heat for 5 to 10 minutes until it thickens. Baste the top of the muffins with the thickened syrup and sprinkle with crushed pistachios or almonds. Serve.
Your message has been sent!
Share your favorite recipe from MAKFA products and we will publish it